Adjusting audio gain in iMovie in OSX?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
On my iMac with the built in microphone, if you yell into the mic, you can produce one little green band on the record level bar. Yet there is no way i can find to adjust the sound level. I've tried an external mic and a USB iMic, same thing. Booting in OS 9 everything works fine, What am I missing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    As far as I could tell my internal Mic never worked under OS X. Hey! Apple! You built it into the freaking computer! Make it work!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    at the bottom of iMovie 2 there is a volume slide bar between the fade in and fade out buttons....click on the clock below the eye to get to the sound bars.....click on the clips and the volume slide controls the volume on the video....clicking on either of the two sound bars below the clips controls the volume of either added music or added audio....this works with the new iMac and iMovies 2 with os X....you have iMovies one or two? g

i have only added speaking audio once to a movie, but the tiny mic hole on the flat LCD screen worked fine and i didn't have to yell ...g
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>As far as I could tell my internal Mic never worked under OS X. Hey! Apple! You built it into the freaking computer! Make it work!</strong><hr></blockquote>What makes you think they should support the iMac's microphone? They don't "support" the older iMacs' video card.

• Reply 4 of 5
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    Hey, gelding, that worked real good, thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>at the bottom of iMovie 2 there is a volume slide bar between the fade in and fade out buttons....click on the clock below the eye to get to the sound bars.....click on the clips and the volume slide controls the volume on the video....clicking on either of the two sound bars below the clips controls the volume of either added music or added audio....this works with the new iMac and iMovies 2 with os X....you have iMovies one or two? g

i have only added speaking audio once to a movie, but the tiny mic hole on the flat LCD screen worked fine and i didn't have to yell ...g</strong><hr></blockquote>

gelding, you know way too much about iMovie. lol! but thanks for the crash course. i have used the built-in mic with imovie in os x, and it was fine. actually, it sounded pretty loud and clear. i was impressed.