Apple and the Media Revolution-On Point Radio Stream

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Very interesting show about larger cultural ramifications of the ipod and new distribution of commercial and personal media and expression. As well as the iPod as the icon for new economy vs. old economy

I posted this over in General Discussion before listening to the stream little while ago, but I thought I'd repost it here now that I've listened to the show. And it belongs here....

Quote:

On point web page with link to web re-brodcast.

On Point is public radio's live morning news program that airs daily on around 60 NPR radio station around the nation. Just thought I'd pass this on. I just started listening to it now...

Quote:

By Tom Ashbrook

Apple Computer co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs was back in his famed role as technology hypnotist last week.

Apple already has millions around the world hooked on its iPod digital music players. You can't hit a bus, subway, school locker, or Starbucks in America without finding his signature white ear buds and nifty iPods.

They've become high tech talismans, delivering private worlds of downloaded music and public world's of audio podcasting.

Now, the sleek pocket packs are delivering video on a two and a half inch screen. And in those palm-sized plays of "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives", some see the digital revolution coming to full boil.

But will it replace a GM on the skids? This hour: Apple, video everywhere, and the endless media revolution.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Posting once will suffice, thank you.

--B
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Posting once will suffice, thank you.

--B

Especially if posted in the correct forum the firts time.

-tink
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Mods can move a thread as they wish or by request.

That's a cat with two tongues, BTW.

--B