The PSP Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I absolutely love my PSP. Got it for $160 on Ebay new in box, no regrets. Put some music on it, it's bulkier than an iPod, but with the inline remote, it does the job just fine with a 1GB memory stick installed. I have Wipeout Pure and Lumines, love them both. I think I'm going to convert some of my movies to the PSP mp4 format with FFmpegX later this week.

What a little gem of electronics.

Any other PSP afficionados here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    yes, I too like the PSP, be careful when converting videos, the mpeg 4 and the h264 are not regular formats, they use a sony headed format, so you have to use a special converter to have it be playable on the psp. you can use handbreak to rip dvd and convert to regular format, then use something liks ipsp to convert it to the psp format.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    The only thing that could possibly make me love my PSP more than I do would be if they released Tetris for it.

Get yourselves a copy of Burnout: Legends!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    resres Posts: 711member
    The PSP is a wonderful device. I haven't used it for music (my 40gig iPod takes care of that), but I've actually watch several movies on it while traveling and was surprised at how watchable they were.

I just wish that they would make a multiplayer WWI aircraft game like Warbirds on the old Atari Lynx.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yep, the PSP is good for movies. whats even nicer is, if you rip your dvd's to play on the psp, they should also play fine on the Ipod(I tested this last night and they all play fine).

of course, I size the movies slightly under 512meg so I can fit 2 on a 1 gig card, but they look great on the psp and ipod.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, I hope they make movies easier in the future though (a simple /MOVIES folder instead of the nonsense names) and the low-resolution limit should be broken