Maya Personal Edition is Out

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have downloaded Maya 3.5.1 Personal Edition. It is heavily watermarked but useful for learning but the app is $7,500. Very steep.

It is a whopoing 150MB download. After several tries I finally succeceded in downloading the puppy with my 500kbs DSL connection in 40 mins.

check it out?

Alternatively, what would be the second best choice in 3D imaging? Lightwave 7? Even if you make the learning investment, $7500 is so damn much unless you are working on Jurassic Park 5.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>The watermark is way too dense, more like an ink-splotch. They need to cut it by at least 50%. Pretty much make it painful to use for now. It's OK for menu snooping, but it's driving me nuts beyond that.

For a free alternative, Blenders UI is a real nightmare but at least there isn't that total eclipse of your work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I agree. Way too dense of a watermark. I can understand their concerns and think the Personal edition is shrwed marketing move but it is VER Y anoying. Even 50% less as you say would be right and still prevent sale of work. It even has a special format (.mp) so they have all the built in piracy features but the watermark is too dense.