Tv Shows??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
How many MB's does a TV show have???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    You mean the shows Apple has up in the iTMS? About 200MB for an hour show (43 minutes without commercials).

Other than that, it all depends on the codec and resolution.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    so you think 130MB is good for a like 23 minute show...or is that alot???
  • Reply 3 of 12
    family guy+handbrake=excellent quality and about 100MB per episode.

average bitrate at 500, 2-pass encoding, and 320x240 looks great on tv and ipod.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    what is that
  • Reply 5 of 12
    is it better than this???

iPod Video Converter
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

is it better than this???

iPod Video Converter

well i think that's pc only, and handbrake goes from encrypted dvd straight to ipod format. all these apps are similar, but for ripping tv shows, handbrake is great because it has a queue.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    is it free??? if so link me up!...and is it only from dvd's???
  • Reply 8 of 12
    sorry for not giving the link. here the description explains everything.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I have one question about the available TV shows that are on iTMS. Do they come in standard format for computer use at first or are they already in the correct format for using on an iPod?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

I have one question about the available TV shows that are on iTMS. Do they come in standard format for computer use at first or are they already in the correct format for using on an iPod?

They are 320x240 resolution, the correct format for an iPod, but you can still very decently watch them on your Mac whether or not you own an iPod.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

They are 320x240 resolution, the correct format for an iPod, but you can still very decently watch them on your Mac whether or not you own an iPod.

Thanks. I was not sure if they were a standard format for viewing on a PC and then had to be converted. I have seen a lot of talk about Handbrake, iSquint, and other software lately.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

I have seen a lot of talk about Handbrake, iSquint, and other software lately.

That has to do with ripping commercial (DRMed) DVD content to play on an iPod.