Chicken Little and suicide

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
In what has to be the greatest fuck up in movie theater history, kids expecting to see Chicken Little in stead saw a forgin film that opened with a guy committing suicide...and all they got was a lousy coupon!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/stor...p-309144c.html

WOOOPS: Shoulda been Apple Outsider, Sorry, Please move

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Terrified children didn't know what to do as they watched a young boy hang himself from a tree at the 8:45 p.m. screening

1. Perhaps the parents should have covered their eyes...

2. 8.45 p.m.? Kids show?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    And as I read the article it was a simple mistake. Not really worthy of a news article.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

1. Perhaps the parents should have covered their eyes...

2. 8.45 p.m.? Kids show?

Great points, My only other question is if such a violent movie is accedentally started in a room full of kids, why was it let play for 5 minutes? does it take 5 minutes to stop the film, or if nothing else turn of the projector bulb??

And why didnt the parents walk out / cover the kids eyes when the obligatory green MPAA Rating appeared before the feature?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Is this violence really all that different from the violence most children are submitted to by TV on a daily basis?

--B
  • Reply 5 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Great points, My only other question is if such a violent movie is accedentally started in a room full of kids, why was it let play for 5 minutes? does it take 5 minutes to stop the film, or if nothing else turn of the projector bulb??

And why didnt the parents walk out / cover the kids eyes when the obligatory green MPAA Rating appeared before the feature?

In the typical modern multiplex there is one operator for anywhere upwards of 8 projectors.

That's why it takes so long to fix focus or sound problems, even when the audience is chanting "Focus! Focus!" The guy is probably firing up the projector across the room.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Innocence is overrated.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Innocence is overrated.

i know what i did when i was four