new powerbook purchase? is it worth it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have an ibook g4, i gig notebook. I have had it for just about a year. My question is should I get the new 12 inch powerbook 1.5? is it worth the upgrade? I use office and I use the internet most of the time. My question is would I notice a huge difference, or just a little bit? Also how much do you think i could get for my current 12 inch ibook g4 i gig 512 mg of ram?

thanks

rick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Price you'd get depends on where you live.

I would not change if your main uses are what you describe. So you should do comfortably with it the next 2 years, unless your needs change radically from the above described. And don't worry, the mac will keep its value well.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by rick4him

I have an ibook g4, i gig notebook. I have had it for just about a year. My question is should I get the new 12 inch powerbook 1.5? is it worth the upgrade? I use office and I use the internet most of the time. My question is would I notice a huge difference, or just a little bit? Also how much do you think i could get for my current 12 inch ibook g4 i gig 512 mg of ram?

thanks

rick

Get more RAM and you wouldn't notice a difference between the powerbook w/ 512 and the iBook w/ 1gig or more for those tasks.

Plus it'd be cheaper.