Skype, Firefox and the Millions of Downloads

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there.

Doesd anybody know if there are free/low cost mirrors/hosting solutions that deal with millions of downloads like Firefox and Skype. I want to find out if you can host certain files for free in certain places. For example: if you build an Open Source app, you can host it free on the Open Source servers.

I was just wondering if any services like that exist and if so where can I find them. I'm thinking about opening a Mac-related site in the distant future and am collecting information.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dazabrit

Hi there.

Doesd anybody know if there are free/low cost mirrors/hosting solutions that deal with millions of downloads like Firefox and Skype. I want to find out if you can host certain files for free in certain places. For example: if you build an Open Source app, you can host it free on the Open Source servers.

I was just wondering if any services like that exist and if so where can I find them. I'm thinking about opening a Mac-related site in the distant future and am collecting information.

Thanks for your help.

Sourceforget will host for free (I think). But it's on a per-project basis. They provide CVS and hosting and message boards, etc for you. I don't think you can host an entire site (multiple programs) on there. Unless maybe you started a sourceforge project for each program and had one homepage for all of the projects. But I think that they have to be Open Source apps though. They probably won't host it for you if you're going to try and sell the product.