adobe after effects

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a question , i run a small editing studio.

i have 10 macs and 10 pcs, i was gonna order After Effects

but im not sure which system to buy it for, because i heard that

adobe might not make future versions for Mac.

After Effects Software ? MAC vs PC

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Get AE for Mac no question. AE Mac has a huge installed base unlike Premiere so you won't see Adobe passing up the upgrade opportunities there at all.

In fact at Macromedia's 2005 even that launched Flash they had an Adobe manager showing up just a bit of AE 7 running in Beta on a Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Get AE for Mac no question. AE Mac has a huge installed base unlike Premiere so you won't see Adobe passing up the upgrade opportunities there at all.

In fact at Macromedia's 2005 even that launched Flash they had an Adobe manager showing up just a bit of AE 7 running in Beta on a Mac.

Wasn't there something about Adobe being pissed because of Apple's Motion software treading on After Effects' toes? But if they're running beta 7, i guess i'm wrong.... \
  • Reply 3 of 6
    They may have been pissed, but when they saw that Motion didn't really hurt After Effects as much as they anticipated.. they suddenly felt better.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sounds good to me, i just dont want to buy it and Boom no support or updates
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mokujin101

sounds good to me, i just dont want to buy it and Boom no support or updates

Mac AE users have a lot more pull than Mac Premiere users. Many have plugins that cost more than AE itself or are Mac only I believe.

I really like Apple's focus on Digital Video so I can honestly say you'll be ahead of the curve with using Macs for video.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Ok all of you Adobe employees/vendors out there, When is AE7 announcing/shipping?