Good All-in-One Printer for iMac G5?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good all-in-one (print, copy, scan, fax) printer for our home office. I have gone through a number of reviews of the color inkjets that are out there and it appears that there is no one particular stand-out. Also, most reviews are from folks still using PC's (i.e. Luddites), so there is limited feedback from the enlightened!

Right now I am leading towards the Canon PIXMA 780 AIO, although it won't work wirelessly with Airport.

Any recommendations....?

knuk

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I am using an HP Officejet 6210 all-in-one successfully.

No problems, and a very nice machine.

best,

pino
  • Reply 2 of 5
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    If cannon makes one, I'd recommend that. Cheapest cost for ink replacement and HP's printers haven't really advanced in the past few years.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

If cannon makes one, I'd recommend that. Cheapest cost for ink replacement and HP's printers haven't really advanced in the past few years.

Checkout the new 33xx series from HP. 30+ ppm and the new vivera inks. You might change your mind.

I'd recommend personally the Epson Stylus CX4800. You get pigment based inks(durable) and support for plain paper to premium glossy with excellent color retention.

If color isn't a factor get an all in one with a monochrome laser printer. I like Brother for the cost.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Thanks....on your suggestion, I took a look at the new HP 3310. After a slight gulp at the price (and of course a check-in with the "Boss"), it is not sitting on my printer stand...

All, in all, today has been a good birthday - a new printer (that one was not a surprise!) and 60GB iPod with Logitec mm50 speaker system...

Need to have one of these more often!

knuk
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I vote against HP. I have a g85 and it has caused nothing but problems on my Macs and brings up the blue screen 'o death on a Dell laptop.