A Mamma Bear Mac?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Currently the headless Macs are the PM (Poppa Bear) and the Mac mini (Baby Bear). What are the chances of one right in the middle of these two - a Mamma Bear delight? Priced exactly between the mini and PM - I thing Goldilocks would love it - I know I would.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

Currently the headless Macs are the PM (Poppa Bear) and the Mac mini (Baby Bear). What are the chances of one right in the middle of these two - a Mamma Bear delight? Priced exactly between the mini and PM - I thing Goldilocks would love it - I know I would.

You mean like an iMac? $1299 - G5, LCD, superdrive, PCI-Express. You mean like an $899 mini-tower? Doubt it. Would probably sell well, but not their suit to fill every need.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    he means the Cube.

maybe steve will try a 3d time with a cube concept...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Nor a cube - too limited.

More of a Jr. PM with a slot or two, maybe the option for a RAID drive.

I know about the iMacs - bought the 20" at 6AM on the day it was announced.

What I am focused on is simple - a mid range Mac to attach the the 23" display that is in the office attached to a 1.5 15" PB. If I were to upgrade the office system the mini is out and the PM is overkill. I would go for something right in the middle, and maybe, if fortune is good to me, move to the 30" display down the line. Without the mid-line Mac I'm better off staying right where I am.

Now that the price of the 23" has come down a lot the combination of it and a Mid-Mac becomes more attractive than a 23" iMac.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

Where did the baby bear come from? Is there a mailman bear we don't know about?

I take it you mean something like a headless iMac?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    How about a miniature Powermac? Smaller casing (same, but miniturized), single G5 processor, DDR2 memory (up to 4 gb).
  • Reply 6 of 9
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I think that the new intel powermac will introduce a new case. The newcoming conroe architecture will not recquiere the giant cooling system of the G5.

The next case, will be smaller, and perhaps will have more room, for more than two HD.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Where did the baby bear come from? Is there a mailman bear we don't know about?

I take it you mean something like a headless iMac?

Unless I've forgotten more biology from school than I thought It'd have to be a "mailwoman"
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BobtheTomato

Unless I've forgotten more biology from school than I thought It'd have to be a "mailwoman"

Right...I misread the first the first post. I guess it's the girlmac on the side...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Something along the lines of a MacIICi or a Centris? Smaller form factor than the huge Apple towers , but more flexible than the Mini.