Current PB 17" ... anyone have one yet? Questions.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Right then ...

I'm about to drop the cash on a newly updated 17" PB.

I was going to sell my 12" PB and move back up to the 15" but, like many others, I have seen the 'line' issue on all of the display models of the new 15" PB that I've looked at and I'm not willing to live with it. (Most likely I'll drop back down to the 15" when they release the Intel version early next year. At that point, hopefully the LCD issues are sorted out.)

It seems, though, that people are reporting a different issue with the new 17". Apparently the viewing angle (horizontal and vertical) is very narrow, and the brightness of the panel is not uniform. I haven't seen one on display anywhere to check it out for myself.

If you are the proud owner of a newly updated higher-res. 17" please let me know your experiences with the machine ... LCD, mainly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Hi, I'm in the market for a new PB as well. I went to the apple store and compared both the screens of a 15' and 17'. I noticed the lines on the 15' but not on the 17'.

After that I went ahead and priced both with the 7200rpm HD option since I do a lot of audio editing, and the 15' increased by $200 while the 17' remain the at same price At this point I was looking at only a $200 difference between the 17' and the 15'. With 2 more inches of screen real estate, brighter screen, no surcharge for a faster hard drive the 17' became a no brainer for me. One it on its way as I type this.