iBook display angle?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
This may be a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. My iBook G4 14" is my first laptop *notebook* computer - I've always had desktops in the past. My question is, when you open it up, how far back can you reasonably place the display portion of the clamshell? 45 degrees, 90, 180?? I can see the screen the best at about 45 degrees, is this too much or am I just being paranoid ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    The best display angle is usually perpendicular to a line between the top of the screen and your eyes. Since laptops are almost always sitting below eye level, it's normal to tilt the display back past 90deg. In practice, my iBook's screen looks best tilted a little past that perpendicular. Do whatever works for you. You can tilt as far back as the hinge will let you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

The best display angle is usually perpendicular to a line between the top of the screen and your eyes. Since laptops are almost always sitting below eye level, it's normal to tilt the display back past 90deg. In practice, my iBook's screen looks best tilted a little past that perpendicular. Do whatever works for you. You can tilt as far back as the hinge will let you.

Thank you for the reply - I feel a little better now. Had there been no replies, I was going to see if I could delete my original post altogether. I asked because I don't want the ribbon cable, or whatever is used, to come loose or disconnect altogether ?! Thanks again, much appreciated!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MrSin

This may be a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. My iBook G4 14" is my first laptop *notebook* computer - I've always had desktops in the past. My question is, when you open it up, how far back can you reasonably place the display portion of the clamshell? 45 degrees, 90, 180?? I can see the screen the best at about 45 degrees, is this too much or am I just being paranoid ?

I thought this is answered in the user's manual. Oh wait, it is . From page 74:

Quote:

Built-in Display

Adjust the angle of the display to minimize glare and reflections from overhead lights and windows. Do not force the display if you meet resistance. The display is not meant to open past 140 degrees.

• Reply 4 of 4
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

I thought this is answered in the user's manual. Oh wait, it is . From page 74:

[/i]

Thanks, PB, I needed that , sorry for not digging out the manual first.