homemade DVD using .avi files & iMovie (???); how to?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey all,

as part of an english assignment, my friend and i are planning to act out a Shakespeare scene. I want to film it and play it back to the class as a DVD.

We've got a digital camera that is capable of filminb decent-looking .avi files, but i'm not sure what do after this.

I'd like to put in a slide after the footage with text, which is related to the plot. I was thinking that 'd use iMovie for this, right?

and will i need to convert the .avi to some particular format for it to work in iMovie?

I've got a few DVD-RWs, so i guess i'll have to experiment.

Anyway, if you can help me, then please do.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Depending on how the avi files are encoded, you can probably just drag them into the iMovie library. iMovie will then automatically convert them (this may take quite a while depending on the speed of your machine). Once the clips are imported you can use iMovie to create your production. When you are finished, you can use iDVD to burn your final product.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Why not just capture clips straight from camera to imovie? no conversions needed. Or are you talking about normal digital camera that can take short video clips?