Looking for simple audio (mp3) editor

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for a simple mp3 editor. All I am looking to do is to be able to trim parts of mp3s (usually the beginning or the end).

I've searched through Version Tracker, but haven't located anything simple (and hopefully free!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    uh ... QuickTime comes to mind.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I had no idea you can edit files with QuickTime....thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argelius

I had no idea you can edit files with QuickTime....thanks.

That may be just a QTPro function ... but for $29, you get the functionality you want, and tons of good karma.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    You could also spend NO money and download Audacity for free.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    cesarcesar Posts: 102member
    how about audion? it's unsupported but free....

• Reply 6 of 12
    I don't think Audion is an EDITOR though. It's just for encoding and playing.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cesarcesar Posts: 102member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

I don't think Audion is an EDITOR though. It's just for encoding and playing.

it does have an Waveform MP3 Editor, so you could cut, copy, paste and more....

check out audion, it's pretty cool!

have fun!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Thanks, all, for your thoughts.

In the meantime, I discovered that you can split audio clips in iMovie itself...which totally solved my problem!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I second Audacity. It is a very good and pretty powerful program. I, as a very novice audio person, enjoy it.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    I have Quicktime pro. Does anybody know if you can use it to convert a .wav to a .mp3?

If not, what OS X audio program is there for converting between audio formats.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

I have Quicktime pro. Does anybody know if you can use it to convert a .wav to a .mp3?

If not, what OS X audio program is there for converting between audio formats.

Yes, you can also just drop the file into iTunes and then convert it to MP3 (or AAC, depending on your preferences) by choosing ADVANCED>CONVERT SELECTION TO...
  • Reply 12 of 12
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

Yes, you can also just drop the file into iTunes and then convert it to MP3 (or AAC, depending on your preferences) by choosing ADVANCED>CONVERT SELECTION TO...

Thanks! It works great.