what's with the cursor always getting stuck in one shape or another?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
this has been going on with every version of OS X i have ever used. Sometimes the cursor gets stuck in one position or another. Like i'll click on a web link and then the little finger becomes the all-time cursor for a couple minutes. Or i'll edit a text-box and the text cursor is shown when i click on everything for a while, maybe even until i logout.

It's just lame. I feel like there are a lot of little issues like this in OS X that have never been addressed. It isn't particularly confusing or difficult to get my cursor fixed for a day or two, but it would probably confuse some brand-new users out there, plus it takes away from the professionality of the OS.

maybe it's just that for $129 every 1.5 years, i expect the little things to be worked out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

this has been going on with every version of OS X i have ever used. Sometimes the cursor gets stuck in one position or another. Like i'll click on a web link and then the little finger becomes the all-time cursor for a couple minutes. Or i'll edit a text-box and the text cursor is shown when i click on everything for a while, maybe even until i logout.

It's just lame. I feel like there are a lot of little issues like this in OS X that have never been addressed. It isn't particularly confusing or difficult to get my cursor fixed for a day or two, but it would probably confuse some brand-new users out there, plus it takes away from the professionality of the OS.

maybe it's just that for $129 every 1.5 years, i expect the little things to be worked out.

Well, my cursors don't get stuck to *that* extend (for long periods of times) but it does get stuck once in a while...happens often in Safari and a few other programs. I agree, it's annoying.