6th Gen iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple seems to have done it all. Video support it FINALLY on the iPod. What's next? What else can they do? I have a suggestion, idea, whatever you wanna call it. Do you think that they may put Wi-Fi support onto the next iPod? It's feasible. They make 802.11g thumb drives, so why not implement that into the iPod? Think about it. You could have iTunes radio on the go, at any hotspot, listen to shared libraries, internet radio, purchase from iTunes, possibly even a micro Mail app. The possibilities are endless. It would be a step, albeit a small yet influential step, toward severing the link in-between PDA, cellphone, and the iPod. So what do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    They'll ad a camera, still and video.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    uuuuuuuuum how about a frickin mic first. That should have been on the thing from day 1.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    No. Cameras are ugly. They wouldnt compramise the iPods looks. for a camera.

Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

uuuuuuuuum how about a frickin mic first. That should have been on the thing from day 1.

Yea, I heard a rumor that there were mics implanted in the ear buds. That would not be hard to do, and pretty sweet if you ask me. Apple should do it for sure. Or they could add a small mike by the dock connector or something
  • Reply 4 of 17
    [B]Nano Video will be next.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    bluetooth---why???

becuase we need better connectivity to cars and homes

i'm gettting my wife a bluetooth headset (logitech) so she can roam around the house
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

ummm, the left earbud does work as a mic.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Refining the video part and bringing the instant reaction back.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I hope you guys are joking about the mic thing.

I wanted back in high school to use my iPod to record classes. Well...I'm done with undergrad, still no mic. Pretty pathetic, wouldn't add any cost or size.

OK so I'm doing interning for a year. I really hope by the time I'm in law school the iPod will have a mic. I will buy one when it has a mic.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

oh god. then people would complain about their camera scratching.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

I hope you guys are joking about the mic thing.

I wanted back in high school to use my iPod to record classes. Well...I'm done with undergrad, still no mic. Pretty pathetic, wouldn't add any cost or size.

OK so I'm doing interning for a year. I really hope by the time I'm in law school the iPod will have a mic. I will buy one when it has a mic.

no, i'm not. Install Podzilla (iPod linux) on it and you can record with the left ear bud. I have used it, its not the best quailty but hey, it works!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    how about a radio?
  • Reply 12 of 17
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Can the left iPod ear bud mic be hooked up to a computer?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Can the left iPod ear bud mic be hooked up to a computer?

The answer to my question is yes. But indeed, BOTH ear buds have microphones; one for channel 1 and the other for channel 2, so you can do stero recording. Imagine that.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

uuuuuuuuum how about: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...wXDOmcbxluCdMv

Then the 80-90% of us that don't need it don't have to pay for it.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

a camera would be nice.. i wouldnt have to carry my bulky like digi cam....
  • Reply 16 of 17
    here is a spy pic of the next gen iPod: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/porta...pod-140663.php
  • Reply 17 of 17
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    The whole front will be a screen, with touch sensitivity, replacing the wheel.