JAM Computers--Mac people needed!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi!

I'm a new member here and look forward to being active in this awesome apple community!

I help run a computer forum called { Spam paragraph deleted - JL}

superhall

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    OH, btw, my name is superhall on there as well!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Hmm, I guess this isn't working.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    We don't take kindly to spam threads or spam PMs. I checked out your site, and although you have the best of intentions, it's a yawner with no audience. Sorry, man.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    WEll, thanks for resonding. Any ideas for improving it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Spend more time and energy on accurate content rather than one line links to other sources.

Your "Big Mac Virus" thread (basically a link to /.) is full of misinformed hyperbole, despite the fact that within the /. thread there are some factually accurate and more informative comments you could have linked directly to, rather than play chicken little.

Of the five or six other threads in the Mac forum I looked at, almost all were "look at this link", with zero actual contribution or coherent argument from you, and with similarly thin replies. Where's the value added in being a part of a community like that?

• Reply 6 of 6
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Hi there,

Diversity is great,but why run a computer site with PC and Mac?

I use both on separate machines and virtually never go on a PC forum unless I'm about to commit hari-kiri over my failed OS. A Mac is a different experience - I actually enjoy computing now. Instead of going out with my mates to live Friday nights down in Piccadilly, I really really want to stay at home alone with just my Mac and an internet connection - Apples are that exciting!!

I'm pretty new to Apples as well - stumbled on Apple Insider and kind of stayed here. If I outstay my welcome I'll certainly pop over to JAM forum for a while.

Just thought I'd let you know that the Windows logo and the endangered penguin doesn't warm me to the site but good luck with your venture. If I could suggest one thing to improve it - have a long term strategy