expose and shut down/restart/log out NOT WORKING after returning from sleep

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hi,

I've been getting this VERY annoying bug in my new 12" ibook (latest).

I find that the shut down/restart/log out features often don't work after i put my notebook to sleep for a while. (when i click menu: APPLE->shut down etc nothing happens). I've been using Onyx program to maintain my system weekly but it seems to be getting worse. Now even my expose is not working properly either. sometimes "show all windows" doesn't work at all and "show desktop" only works for about 1 second then all the windows go back to their original place \ ... I managed to fix the expose problem temporarily by re-enabling it in system prefs but now i'm getting paranoid about putting my ibook to sleep \

does anyone else experience the same problem? or better yet, does anyone have a solution to my problem? for some reason i am suspecting that there's something wrong with my finder

EDIT: now even my contrast and volume/mute buttons on my ibook don't respond ... arghhh i'm gonna press the on button for a while AGAIN

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Hmm, that doesn't sound good....

Have you repaired your disk permissions? (go to macintosh hd> applications> utilities> Disk First Aid and click "Verify disk permissions" and then "repair disk permissions")
  • Reply 2 of 6
    just did that yesterday, put my ibook to sleep again before i went to bed..

after i got up this morning, expose wasn't working again...

but the shut down/restarts are all working so that's one relief..

i guess i can live without expose for the time being..

once i can't ignore it anymore i'll try to format/re-install my mac for the 1st time
  • Reply 3 of 6
    nvm ...

it's not working again.....

god damn it..

should i take it back to my apple store?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sounds like a problem, i would take it in.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but has anyone got a fix for this? I have a macbook and have problems with expose stop working after the computer has been in sleep mode. The sleep mode loses some of its charm if have to reboot the computer everytime it has been put to sleep :-/
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Shutting down dock fixes it. But it still sucks to have to do it all the time.