Several iBook Issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
OK, I'll give the Genius Bar here a go, the place where I usually post seems to be down right now.

I have a Late 2004 model 14" iBook G4. I got it in March.

In September, the hard drive failed. It was replaced by Apple with a new 80GB Fujitsu drive, replacing the failed 60GB drive.

All was well until a couple weeks ago, when the left side of the screen started dimming, so it was like a dark shadow was covering the left side of the screen. it's been varying, so sometimes dim, sometimes normal. I just reset the PMU, and it's working fine again. For now.

Other issues I've recently noticed, though...

- On the left side of the front case, about four inches left of the unlatch button, the upper case is bulging out, so it is not flush with the bottom case.

- When closed, the lid hangs over the main body, creating a rough edge, instead of fitting flush.

- The battery runtime is bad. When the meter gets down to about 2 hours remaining, it shuts off. Doesn't go into sleep, it SHUTS OFF.

So... do I have a lemon or something? If I take it to the Genius Bar and bring up all these issues, will I get an outright replacement?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    you won't get a new computer, but they should replace all the problems short of the case. i don't think they'll fix the cosmetic issues though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Why wouldn't they? It's a pry mark, upon closer inspection. Most likely damaged during the repair.