iMovie 3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I feel that imovie 3 is needed soon because it lacks some features that iPhoto has regarding "sharing." I would like to see a way to just export straight to the web...

What about your suggestions? what would you like to see or what do you expect to see in iMovie 3?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The interface needs an overhaul as well.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

--------

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Actually the sandwich you ate for lunch looked like it was peanut butter...

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 9
    franckfranck Posts: 135member
    iMovie should import all the QuickTime codecs, not only DV stream !

An yes, the interface should be improved: using iMovie with a resolution higher than 1024*768 is just a waste of sceen space.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    in order for iMovie to be able to import things other than DV it would have to render everything and reformat it. not sure if you want iMovie to be the app responsible for doing that.

things I have heard about iMovie 3 are dual tracks for video and audio. real time effects on G4s. revamped interface and better integration with iDVD and iTools. I also heard that it may do MPEG 2 editing directly in the app.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    I'd be happy with one more video track and a couple more audio--with more precise audio manipulation functions and effects (nothing huge--rudimentary echo, delay, etc.) Perhaps more titling (sp?) options.

Not so much concerned with non-dv codecs; there's QT Pro for that.

Agree with the interface mod mentioned above.

Realtime would be good.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    dualsduals Posts: 41member
    I'd like to see the 16:9 aspect ratio supported. I bought a Sony DCR-TRV17 camcorder. It can film in 4:3 or 16:9 which is nice because as HDTV becomes more prevalent the 16:9 format will take over. It'd be nice if iMovie supported that, make it a little more future proof.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    [quote]Originally posted by Duals:

<strong>I'd like to see the 16:9 aspect ratio supported. I bought a Sony DCR-TRV17 camcorder. It can film in 4:3 or 16:9 which is nice because as HDTV becomes more prevalent the 16:9 format will take over. It'd be nice if iMovie supported that, make it a little more future proof.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Errrr you mean it records Faux Widescreen by cropping the picture and therefore losing pixel resolution. The "True" Widescreen option would be Anamorphic in which every pixel is used. Century Optics makes a lens that mounts on many popular Cams but as you see they're really spendy

<a href="http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/video/digital/dig16-9.html"; target="_blank">http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/video/digital/dig16-9.html</a>;
  • Reply 9 of 9
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    I'd like to see some kind of simple "Layers" feature so that I could float a photo or graphic over video.