Mozilla & IE: Dead send/submit buttons

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My new wife is trying to make her way around my G5 Tower (Tiger) coming from a Windows world. I have her using Mozilla because it is the only browser that supports Yahoo Mail's Address AutoComplete, which she is insistant on having. A problem we are running into is quite often that once an email is composed in Yahoo Mail, the send button doesn't function. Killing the application and restarting it seems to fix this problem temporarily. We ran into a similar problem this morning while trying to submit an Evite. A large amount of time was spent composing the Evite only to get stuck after hitting preview (or submit I don't recall). Does anyone know a possible reason for this? Safari isn't going to cut it for her due to the above mentioned AutoComplete issue and the fact that it doesn't properly render some pages (that is, the pages aren't properly written.)

TIA,

Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Hi

I don't think this is anything to do with the Mac or Mozilla. As I also use Yahoo mail and have recently noticed the same problems.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that Yahoo is doing some upgrading of their sites again and adding some new features. Which seem to cause various problems with different parts of their sites.

Rob
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

No need to relaunch the app. You need to reload the page. And if it doesn't work, reload again. Repeat until successful. Whatever server Yahoo uses to send its js buttons sucks balls.

I don't understand why this never happened when she was using my XP box (which is hosed after a lightening strike) or her Win95 box which I had hoped to archive and do away with.