more events = more hype = more sales

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I wonder if Apple will spread the upcoming new product announcements in January out over several weeks/months, in a similar fashion to the three weeks of special events that happened a few months ago.

Apple has been very good at generating lots and lots of media buzz. Imagine the level of hype if Steve Jobs gives not just one, but a whole slew of keynote-like presentations over the next couple of months. In my estimation he will not limit himself to the big conferences. Apple has shown that it can deliver new hardware and software wherever it suits them.

What do you think? Will January initially disappoint, but ultimately drive Apple product sales through the root? How shrewd is Apple marketing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i'm always a little surprised how attached the media is to apple product announcements. i feel like they could release an apple-branded spoon and it would be on the front page of Google news. so, on one hand it seems that the more announcements the better, but on the other, you gotta figure the media's interest doesn't hang on indefinitely. i don't think people are interested in seeing a new apple product on CNN.com every month, and thus i doubt apple will artificially spread out their product announcements.

but, i've been wrong before. once.
  • Reply 2 of 4

i feel like they could release an apple-branded spoon and it would be on the front page of Google news.

As long as it's wireless, man. I'm sick of cables in my soup.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    does anyone have any idea what the percentage is nowadays for people using macs?

the last time i heard it was 90% windows, 10% other operating systems
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

does anyone have any idea what the percentage is nowadays for people using macs?

the last time i heard it was 90% windows, 10% other operating systems

I do not know what the percentages are but there are probably more includers than switchers. I develop Access databases so I am using Windows XP with Office 2003; however, I am using a Mac for everything else.

I am hoping I can type Objective-C or Cocoa in Monster.com and get something other than Apple/Cupertino for results. I get the feeling the big shops hire through word of mouth and everything else is Joe Shmoe that takes their app from basement to freeware to shareware (download form), and if it is good enough then commercial (boxed at retail or shipped in addition to download).