Tiger mail sound problems

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just started using tiger(10.4.3) and noticed that the alert sounds cease to work ..sometimes)..the app needs a reboot to get those beeps..dings pops etc back( not sure if that is a good thing)..is this a known issue and is there a fix? hack?..I know that there isn't any update yet since I have the most recent one so far

also anyone know of any other sounds that can be added to the tiger OS other than making your own

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Ya know what? I am having the same problem. I have Panther.9 though. I believe it started after I upgraded to Security 2005-009.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    You can add sounds, they just have to be in user/library/sounds. The default does not have anything in there so you do have to add your own.

reg
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmok1

Ya know what? I am having the same problem. I have Panther.9 though. I believe it started after I upgraded to Security 2005-009.

I haven't installed the 2005-009 security update yet so it can't be that..maybe.I always wait a bit when it comes to these updates..they can sometimes make thing worse
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

You can add sounds, they just have to be in user/library/sounds. The default does not have anything in there so you do have to add your own.

reg

do you know of any good websites that have some interesting MAC tiger sounds for download?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    No sorry. We use the built in mic for one word messages for mistakes.

reg