Arabic in Mac

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i live down in kuwait.. and prices of apple laptops are so damn high .. imagine that the cheapest ibook has a price tag of $2200..

so im considering getting an ibook online..

but i need it to support arabic language.. the windows supports all the complexed languages.. all u need is to download the right updates and upgrades..

so is that possible with mac?

and if not.. then how could i solve the problem?

one more question, does apple.com provide international warranty?

thank u

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    store.Apple.com will not even ship out of the US (and then only to the 50 states.... not to territories.)

Apple.com does have international .com stores... but they charge prices that are local to their particular region of the world.

Good luck though... you can probably find a way to work around this limitation
  • Reply 2 of 5
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    its ok.. i can find a way to ship it to kuwait..

but im more concerned about the language thing..

does anybody got an answer to it?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    OK...

OSX does include support for Arabic ... I can't tell you how extensive it is though, because I chose not to load it on my machine (I don't speak or understand the language, so what's the point .)

It's probably pre-loaded on a new iBook. If not, it can be installed from the system software DVD that comes with the computer.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    thats a relief.. thanx buddy
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Saud

its ok.. i can find a way to ship it to kuwait..

but im more concerned about the language thing..

does anybody got an answer to it?

The keyboard can be set to either "QWERTY Arabic" or just "Arabic", according to the International Preferences. Also, the character encoding can be Arabic ISO 8859-6 or Arabic (Windows) whatever those are.

What I never bothered to find out is if there is a special language-specific build of the OS, or whether that is taken care of by the input methods and chosen installed languages.

There is also support for right-to-left reading.