What happened to appleturns.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Their last update was on 10/12. Does anyone have the 411 on the hiatus?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Jack had an untimely demise at the hands of some PC-kyds posing as Mac-NERDS.

It was a brutal scene.

The site has remained up since the criminal investigation is ongoing.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    I heard the writer has been busy with school.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Kids.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Jack was an idiot.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Well, I've always liked AtAT. I'm sad to see it defunct.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    It's not like Appleturns hasn't been gone for longer periods of time. This is nothing new, unique, or special under the sun.

And please, it's rude to call people idiots without at least some proof. Jack always seemed to write fun humorous articles about Apple's going ons. If he was an idiot about other things, then fine mention that. But calling peoples idiots without reason is just silly, even for the Internet... Ok, maybe not for the Internet, but still.

ETA: key word 'gone' in first sentence added.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Jack and his wife had a daughter a couple of years ago.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I think the site lost traffic went he went on hiatus.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Hey, his wife went to that Catholic high school that's just a few miles away from my house. Boy those girls sure knew how to party.

Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

I think the site lost traffic went he went on hiatus.

Yeah, that's when he lost me too. I just started to associate AtAT with "long term disappointment," which is actually a testament to the site. It was so great that it was so sad to see it just - pop - gone for almost half a year. And during that time, never knowing when it was coming back.

Oh I'll miss those innocent halcyon days of visiting MacAddict.com and thinking, "what is this 'as the apple turns' thing they keep mentioning with such cool melodrama?"

Edit: Did anyone read the viewer mail back in the day from thechase, who relayed a true story about the Dell guy throwing up on one of his friends in a drunken stupor? Yeah, that was me.