Opinions on Alice

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I bought Alice, The Sims (which I love, and the Livin' Large Expansion pack. It seems like a really cool game so far but I'm having a lot of trouble with the controls using my KB and Mouse. Would you guys suggest getting a gamepad?

What are you're overall opinions on the game? Most reviews rated it well so I went on an impulse and bought it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    you shouldnt *need* a gamepad for alice. but like a lot of games that utilize both the keyboard and the mouse, there is a bit of a learning curve until using the controls becomes second nature to you. it takes me a while too at first.

btw, i think alice is totally cool, especially if you're a fan of woderland.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I think my problem was that I changed the default controls to what I *thought* would be better but now I know to never to that again. After sitting down with it for about a half hour I got the hang of using the pre-set controls and like them alot. This game is saweet!

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: wolfeye155 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm not sure, but I don't know if there are mass storage drivers for game pads on OS 10 yet. I don't think you can use them. I cant get my game pad to work on Deus Ex, and it did not work with the Alice demo (american Magee?, `or whatever I presume). Alice was pretty easy with the keys anyway. I don't think you'll need the extra controll that a game pad provides to play, or win it.