Mail takes forever to view the attachments..

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
when I try to view a new email that contains an attachment (picture, video...) it takes a long time to be able to view it..

I'm using (Mail.app); my e-mail account is dot-Mac.

any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    What kind of computer do you have? If you have a slower processor and less than optimal ram, this could be the issue, I think...?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I Have a Powerbook 1.33, 768 Ram.

with 1MB internet connection.

even the small pictures takes a lot of time to be viewable.. they appear as a small Jpg icons for a long time before i can view them.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TofaChino

I Have a Powerbook 1.33, 768 Ram.

with 1MB internet connection.

even the small pictures takes a lot of time to be viewable.. they appear as a small Jpg icons for a long time before i can view them.

Do you mean as you receive the message, or any time thereafter?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Do you mean as you receive the message, or any time thereafter?

As I receive them. u know I open my MAIL then wait to retreive the new e-mails. when I open a new e-mail that contains an attachment (like pix or vids), I have to wait a long time to be able to view them.

they used to appear much faster...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

As I receive them. u know I open my MAIL then wait to retreive the new e-mails. when I open a new e-mail that contains an attachment (like pix or vids), I have to wait a long time to be able to view them.

they used to appear much faster...

OK that looks like it is your connection.

Test the speed with http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

ALSO - in Mail, choose Activity Viewer from the Window menu and watch what it is doing while you check mail when you have images or videos coming in (mail some to yourself to test).
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

OK that looks like it is your connection.

Test the speed with http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

ALSO - in Mail, choose Activity Viewer from the Window menu and watch what it is doing while you check mail when you have images or videos coming in (mail some to yourself to test).

I liked the site! I got 935 Kbps in downloading & 240 in uploading.

I did see what it is doing and its downloading an image, fetching new mail, downloading a video.....

and u know what, the images and video that its downloading has been in my inbox for more than 3 days... and still downloading?? there must be something wrong.. is there any options i can change with the .MAC to make it faster?

Thanks a lot for ur help.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by TofaChino

[B]I liked the site! I got 935 Kbps in downloading & 240 in uploading.

Tested mine. I get 2025 kbps down and 700kbps up.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by cylon

[B]
    Quote:

I liked the site! I got 935 Kbps in downloading & 240 in uploading.

Tested mine. I get 2025 kbps down and 700kbps up.

I don't know of any. Try re-synchronizing the mailbox (choose synchronize all accounts from Mailbox menu), delete junk mail. erase deleted messages, check for "drafts" and delete them.

Here's my Comcast Gold Tier. Anybody have FIOS yet?

• Reply 9 of 9
    Ok Thanks A lot for ur help!

cylon, I hate You. U too lundy. and everyone with a faster internet connections!