Can I transfer music from itunes to a PSP?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Tomorrow at the family gathering, my nephew is going to ask me if I can transfer music from itunes (on my powerbook) to his psp. I tried this at Thanksgiving. It transfers the icon, and apparently the music itself, but it won't play. This happen with music that came from c.d.'s and from itms, so it can't all be DRM related. Does anyone have any idea what going on here? I really wan this to work, my nephew is a real widozs fan, but my nephew want a Mac, his dad is using this another excuse not to let me give my nephew an ibook. ( he's 10) Any suggestions/ ideas would be appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    This sounds awfully ILLEGAL to me. Meaning that it should not be on this forum. Do you want to rephrase your question in terms of what the format is for music files on the PSP?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Why should this be any more illegal than putting music on an iPod? You are just copying music you own to a portable player.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Why should this be any more illegal than putting music on an iPod? You are just copying music you own to a portable player.

Note the bolding:

my nephew is going to ask me if I can transfer music from itunes (on my powerbook) to his psp
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pubguypubguy Posts: 108member
    Yes, so... that's called Fair Use and is protected by law the same same letting him borrow his CD's. It's not the same thing as opening an anonymous server on the internet and let strangers access the information.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    regardless of the legality(even though I agree with everyone else), the main problem you are going to run into is the format that the music is in.

Here is a link for a Mac OS X program called iPSP at ipsp.kaisakura.com/ it looks like this little tool will be able to do alot of kewl stuff that you would want to do.

Also I found all this at HardMac its a really useful website that has a ton of great stuff on it. Hope this helps.

-iGrant