Does anyone know good software to put dvds on the ipod?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know good software to put dvds on the ipod? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Mac the Ripper is great for getting the DVD off for editing then I personally would use MPEG Streamclip to encode it, it has presets under MP4 options for iPods. MPEG Streamclip requires the QuickTime MPEG-2 playback component from Apple though to work with VOB files. It is however the only program I've ever found to easily fix timecode breaks and supports batch processing. It is a very easy and well designed program.

ffmpegx is also very good with the new version having presets for iPods. It also doesn't require you to buy the QT mpeg-2 playback component although you will for some options. ffmpegx can also suggest encoding bitrates for video for you and it does a pretty good job of it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Check the forums. There have been hundreds of posts about this. I think there was a strong consensus on Handbrake IIRC
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

Check the forums. There have been hundreds of posts about this. I think there was a strong consensus on Handbrake IIRC

Yes. HandBrake is the best option.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/
  • Reply 4 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Except it doesn't actually have the customisation options of the others. Only advantage it really has is it integrates mac the ripper and ffmpegx, without the full functionality.