Question about Xcode and building

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have just now started in the world of cocoa programming and I am really impressed with it, its a crap load easier to understand and design and implement application than java.

My only problem is I know where the executable file is but if i copy the file and then move and or rename the project folder, my executable I copied to the desktop does not work. So my question is does anyone here know how to build a stand alone version of you application where it does not require Xcode to run it.

thanks

-iGrant

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    You're doing development builds with ZeroLink on. You want to use deployment builds and make sure ZeroLink is off.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

You're doing development builds with ZeroLink on. You want to use deployment builds and make sure ZeroLink is off.

Where do I change that, I just started using xcode, if you code tell me where that is that would be great, and thank you for the fast responce Chucker
  • Reply 3 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    All you'll probably have to do is go to Project -> Set Active Build Configuration -> Deployment
  • Reply 4 of 4
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

All you'll probably have to do is go to Project -> Set Active Build Configuration -> Deployment

HAHAHHAHAH Chucker are the MAN, I have been trying to figure that out for two days, and I thought I had a bad link somewhere. THANK YOU SO MUCH. hehehe I am so giddy right now