Adobe and Macromedia consolidation

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Adobe and Macromedia Suites do a lot of stepping on eachothers toes. Now that they are merged, what do you guys expect in terms of consolidation and combining of programs? Like fireworks and image ready for instace; virtualy the same program, except for in my opinion Image Ready is much better designed. Flash will probably get a more Adobe like user toolbar and layout, and I'm guessing GoLive will officialy take the place of Dreamweaver. Personaly I find the UI of Macromedia's Appls inefficient and frusterating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Flash was obviously the crown jewel, so other than that, who knows? Have they announced officially whether they'd discontinuing either GoLive or Dreamweaver yet?

I'm also curious as to what will become of Freehand. Adobe bought Macromedia, but not Freehand? How does that work, and is anybody else picking it up, or is it just "dead"?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Flash was obviously the crown jewel, so other than that, who knows? Have they announced officially whether they'd discontinuing either GoLive or Dreamweaver yet?

I'm also curious as to what will become of Freehand. Adobe bought Macromedia, but not Freehand? How does that work, and is anybody else picking it up, or is it just "dead"?

Yea, I haven't heard anything officialy yet. They recently stared shipping their dual pack suite so they don't have plans of killing anything untill CS3/Next Suite.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by chris v

[B]Flash was obviously the crown jewel, so other than that, who knows? Have they announced officially whether they'd discontinuing either GoLive or Dreamweaver yet?

the reason abode bought macromedia was dream weaver and flash.. GoLive a piece of crap.... Adobe is waiting its time...