Apple Store Updating... now?!?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just went to the apple store, and, as of Dec 30th, 11:45 a.m., it's got the Yellow Sticky Note of Product Updates/Price Cuts up...

just thought people would like to know.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    So it is. Also here (the danish store)

So now we know that they will need new graphics after the keynote. But it could be anything from marginally faster iBooks and up...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Back up. No change.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    hmmm... only thing new i see is the announcement of free shipping on all orders over $25.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    i also noticed, after looking up a bluetooth adapter, that there's a survey for how their "new search engine" is doing. that would certainly justify taking the store down.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

hmmm... only thing new i see is the announcement of free shipping on all orders over $25.

On the German store, it's still 100 Euros and up.
  • Reply 6 of 8

Many stores update for the new year, and seeing as they would probably like to get it done before the weekend/holiday, they did it today.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I would most likely guess they are just getting ready for super party fun MWSF products.

Nothing D-Rastic.

Does anyone know who made the iPod Store sub page? I once saw a website that someone had in their portfolio that page.... anyone?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Many stores update for the new year, and seeing as they would probably like to get it done before the weekend/holiday, they did it today.

first, that's a good point, but apple hasn't ever done it before (they usually wait until the semi-week in between news year's and macworld to put up the Big Yellow Sticky©...), so that's why i thought it significant.

also, if they did implement a new search engine (which at least one quick search on their store once they were back up would seem to indicate -- see my previous post), that would explain both a.) why they had to take the whole store down (seriously, taking the store down for product updates isn't necessary unless you are either making a surprise announcement) and b.) why they waited until AFTER Christmas to do it.

but what's with the all-bold? i think i could have gotten your point in good ol' plain text, y'know.