Music (mp3) cataloguing program: Is there one for osX?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm looking to organize my mp3 files/folders into a database. Is there a music (mp3) cataloguing program to easily do this on osX?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    To serve what purpose above and beyond what can be done in iTunes?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Hi Hujib,

Basically I'd like to export my list of albums to MS Excel and be able have a printed record of what is where.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    I was playing with the iTunes printing options after reading your topic here - I didn't even know you could do that. I guess what you need is a way to convert the iTunes DB file into another format. I'm of no help in that dept.

Good Luck
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikhael.

Hi Hujib,

Basically I'd like to export my list of albums to MS Excel and be able have a printed record of what is where.

Hi mikhael,

hope I'm not too late.

Have you tried opening iTunes, ensuring that the library is selected in the source column, and then going to File:Export Song List??

This will export a tab delimited list of all your songs, this file can be opened in Excel and seems to include all the information that you want.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

Hi mikhael,

hope I'm not too late.

Have you tried opening iTunes, ensuring that the library is selected in the source column, and then going to File:Export Song List??

This will export a tab delimited list of all your songs, this file can be opened in Excel and seems to include all the information that you want.

Great suggestion. Thanks you!