Peek-a-boo with Expose and Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When clearing the screen with expose my screen does not stay clear. With in seconds all the windows pop back into place as if it is timed. I never had this problem with 10.3 but ever since installing tiger it has never worked properly. I read this could be caused from 3rd party dashboard widgets so I closed all my 3rd party widgets and nothing changed. Closed all my widgets and nothing changed. This is an annoying problem and is basically defeating the use of the desktop function in expose. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I don't have this problem with Tiger...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by alty127

When clearing the screen with expose my screen does not stay clear. With in seconds all the windows pop back into place as if it is timed. I never had this problem with 10.3 but ever since installing tiger it has never worked properly. I read this could be caused from 3rd party dashboard widgets so I closed all my 3rd party widgets and nothing changed. Closed all my widgets and nothing changed. This is an annoying problem and is basically defeating the use of the desktop function in expose. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you holding down the function key? I don't have a Mac, but I believe Exposé is timed to snap back after a short time when holding down the key. Or perhaps the key has become sticky.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I have this problem as well. It just comes and goes as it pleases. Nothing I've been able to find to remedy it myself.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    No, its not a fn key problem, I'm using hot corners to activate it, and even if I use my F10 key I still have the problem. I read some place that the widget sign that itune could be the trouble maker but closing that widget didn't seem to really help in my case.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    it's the correct behaviour of expose I am afraid (coz I want them to hide forever until i press the key combination again)