Opinions on Quicken 2006??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone heard anything about Quicken 2006? Is it any good? I have 2005 right now...should I upgrade??

thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    I don't know. I'm still using 2002 that came with my iMac.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Has anyone heard anything about Quicken 2006? Is it any good? I have 2005 right now...should I upgrade??

Most financial packages release an update every year to reflect changes to tax forms and the like that the government makes each year. I suppose unless you depend on Quicken for your taxes for a business or something then upgrading isn't all that necessary. By the way, the company I work for recently switched to MYOB when we discovered that Intuit, the makers of Quicken and Quickbooks, have horrible Mac support. We couldn't have multiple users connect to a single QuickBooks database file even though according to their website the software supported multiple users. When we called Intuit for support they basically told us it's our fault for using Macs and if we don't switch to Windows then they can't help us any further.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Sounds like their customer service needs a good pimp slap...I just don't understand how companies can get away with such terrible customer support...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    So besides Quicken what other financial softwares do people use for the mac?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

So besides Quicken what other financial softwares do people use for the mac?

MYOB makes First Edge for home users, and AccountEdge for small businesses; right now the company I work for is just starting to use MYOB AccountEdge Network Edition and have had a few issues setting it up (poor documentation, it would just crash without giving a reason and after checking the console it turned out it was trying to access the stuffit library which wasn't installed on our server) but otherwise are a lot more satisfied with it than with QuickBooks which we had previously.

Although I don't have much experience with others, there are quite a few. Snowmint Creative Solutions offers a personal financial package called Budget. With a quick google or two I found iBank by IGG Software, iCode from Max Programming, MoneyDance, Accounts, Spoon Software's MyMoney, Splasm Software's Checkbook, Spendthrift, TinyBooks, Jumsoft's Money, and Softbooks.

Furthermore, a large amount of open-source *nix financial software can be run on the Mac as well as a number of powerful industrial CRM solutions (ever see a $10,000 price tag on a piece of software before?) I hope this helps
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I personally am not happy with Quicken 2006 for Mac. I had Quicken 2005 for my PC before I switched to Mac and I liked the layout of the program on Windows way better than on the Mac. Windows Quicken looks very similar to iBank... in which case I ask:

Does anyone have iBank? Do you like it? Are you able to sync it with bank accounts (ie: Washington Mutual) and credit cards (ie: American Express)? Any help would be appreciated.