Printing on classic

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Alright i recently bought a Lexmark 7100 series printer for my studio. i have it set up for now on my power mac running 10.2.8, Printing PDF's is not an issue but when i go to print a word doc classic pops up and it wont print. Anyone ever had this problem? Please help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jmila1901

Alright i recently bought a Lexmark 7100 series printer for my studio. i have it set up for now on my power mac running 10.2.8, Printing PDF's is not an issue but when i go to print a word doc classic pops up and it wont print. Anyone ever had this problem? Please help!

Classic doesn't just "pop-up." My guess is that you are using a Classic version of Word such as Word 98 or Word 2001 or that you have Word set to open in the Classic environment. If you have a Classic version of Word, then you have to print via Classic. If you don't have it, then you need to download and install the Classic print driver for your printer. Then, you have to enable the driver by opening Classic Apple menu > Chooser. Select the icon for your printer.