Graphics Calculator app...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
A few years ago (OS 8 era, I think), I found and downloaded a cool little program called Graphics Calculator.

Basically, it was a Swiss Army Knife of cool features related specifically to the graphic arts field. It did about 6 or 7 things:

- Calculated resolution/halftone, depening on several factors/needs

- Value conversions (fractions, decimals, etc.)

- Download times (based on several connection speeds and file sizes)

- File Size Calculator (enter in file dimensions and resolution and it would tell you, in MB, how large of a file you'll have...actually useful!)

- Percentage scaling calculator

And a few other things, I believe.

I can't remember the author or the company and I've done a google.com search AND a search at macdownload.com (where, I think, I initially downloaded it, all those years ago...).

Does anyone know about or remember this program?

It's almost like it disappeared off the planet because it isn't turning up in my searches. I find hits for "Graphics Calculator", but it's more mathematical or scientific stuff (a true calculator), not the one related to graphic arts that I'm looking for.

If I could find that thing and it's been reworked into an OS X native version, I'd be happy as a clam!

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    For X there is the Art Director's Toolkit. Great app. <a href="http://www.code-line.com/software/"; target="_blank">http://www.code-line.com/software/</a>;

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but should be of interest...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Thank you! That looks like a great piece of software. It seems to do most of what Graphics Calculator did, plus a few other things.

And it's OS X native. Very nice.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Update: I purchased it a while ago and I love it! My favorite little "do everything" mini-app!

Thanks again for pointing it out to me. It's a worthy replacement for Graphics Calculator!
  • Reply 4 of 4

Hello friends, I am pursuing Computer science Engineering and I doing work on a project which is on the scientific calculator. I want to design it using Java Language and want that anyone can use it just like a game. Please guide me. Thank you.