iLife '06: is it in stores yet?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, does anyone know if iLife '06 is physicially in the Apple stores yet? (I tried calling my local store, but they evidently are being deluged with calls, cuz I can't get through...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    awillawill Posts: 43member
    I tried calling 2 stores in the Seattle area and they said that they don't know when they are getting it in. I hope they get it in soon.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I called the main (Michigan Ave) store in Chicago and they said they didn't get their shipment yet but thought maybe "by the end of the week"...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Well they mustn't be far off because I ordered online after the keynote and it has already shipped. Should arrive today or the day after at the latest.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I think I'm going to order...

On a tangentially related note, does anyone know if there will be a trial version of iWork '06?

I haven't read enough about the new version to know if it's worth upgrading. About all I can tell is that Pages has 25 new templates and a little more integration with iPhoto.

Was hoping Pages would be spruced up a bit. I'm trying to wean myself off of Word, but Pages is still a little too abbreviated.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I went to the SF store Tuesday evening after exploring the expo and no new copies of iLife or iWork were there.

I was told at the Apple booth that while the new products weren't for sale on the show floor I could pick them up at the Apple store. At the Apple store they expected to get them in today (Wednesday) but said to call first as they may not come in until Thursday.

I'm already thinking of heading back to the expo, so if I go I'll just swing by the Apple store again.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Our local Apple store said they'd probably have them today. They didn't have it yesterday.

And I thought I read somewhere that retail versions of iLife will include a 30-day demo of iWork 06.