Why no iLife/iWork upgrade prices?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I jumped into both iLife and iWork early, use and love both - yet where's the small token cost-saving of an upgrade path? they do it for other software. I don't mean much, $5/£5 or so, just a "thank you".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

I jumped into both iLife and iWork early, use and love both - yet where's the small token cost-saving of an upgrade path? they do it for other software. I don't mean much, $5/£5 or so, just a "thank you".

Most consumer apps dont have low cost "upgrade" versions as they are just extreamly stripped down versions of high end pro apps. Quite honestly, iLife from 05-06 looks like a nice upgrade, if you get a good bit of use out of the apps (which I dont.)

iWork OTHR seems to be a bit of a joke, just get Office student/teacher for ~$50 more, it is WAY more usefull and compaible with documents in the real world today...that said, I wish MS would take a lot of ques from Keynote, which is lightyears ahead of PPT.

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Most consumer apps dont have low cost "upgrade" versions as they are just extreamly stripped down versions of high end pro apps. Quite honestly, iLife from 05-06 looks like a nice upgrade, if you get a good bit of use out of the apps (which I dont.)

iWork OTHR seems to be a bit of a joke, just get Office student/teacher for ~$50 more, it is WAY more usefull and compaible with documents in the real world today...that said, I wish MS would take a lot of ques from Keynote, which is lightyears ahead of PPT.

It's Keynote in particular I'm bothered about, I've bought both versions so far as it's guaranteed to leave a powerpoint-tired audience's jaws on the floor - where's my (small) reward?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    there should be upgrade prices, but apple loves charging the most they possibly can for everything. since their customers are so loyal to them, they feel they do not need to be particularly loyal to their customers. it sucks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

iWork OTHR seems to be a bit of a joke, just get Office student/teacher for ~$50 more.

And everyone in the world is either a teacher or a student.