Best deal on new iMac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So where's the best place to buy a new iMac?

I see at least one vendor is offering a "free" 512MB memory upgrade (with a $40 install fee - I can pop my own RAM in, thank you).

Amazon has a $125 rebate on the G5 models, but doesn't list the Intel models yet. Anyone know how long Amazon usually takes to list new products?

Other online retailers I've checked aren't listing the new machines yet, either.

- Jasen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Amazon is now taking preorders on the new iMacs. The prices are barely under Apple's. But the ship date is March 2006!

Is that accurate? Will Apple hold all the supply for themselves till then, or is the ship date just out of synch with reality?

- Jasen.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jonejone Posts: 102member
    I ordered the new 20" iMac from Apple over the phone, and they gave me a $50 discount for absolutely no reason at all. It's worth a try.

However, they tax, whereas third party online resellers tend to not. (I didn't mind though, I wanted it straight from Apple)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Amazon has just added their $125 rebate to the new Intel Macs. Pretty good deal. I bought.

HOWEVER, Amazon shows the new iMacs shipping at the end of March! Is that accurate? Does anyone know how Amazon figures their ship dates?

- Jasen.