10.4.4 killed airport

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
10.4.4 killed my airport I hadn't heard anything bad about 10.4.4 so I figured it was safe now I can't get internet access. I have tried everything it just won't connect. My wifes Windows laptop does so it is definately in the Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Tried resetting your internet connection settings? Deleting old preferred networks? Connecting to the network manually? If you're using a third party airport card, maybe you should reinstall the driver...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    Had to completly delete all network settings and keychain entries and reset them up.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Two questions

1. Is it now working?

2. What type of Airport or other similar device are you using?

Rob
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I've actually been having similar issues since I applied the v 6.3 firmware to my AirPort Express . My roommates can connect fine with their Windows laptops (various brands), but I lost my connection and have yet to get it back. I have an older PowerBook with the original AirPort (i.e. not Extreme). Has anyone noticed something similar?

(not trying to hijack the thread, it just happened around the same time frame for me)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Hi

Why I asked the questions is that I have an airport express with the 6.3 firmware after the upgrade which wnet smoothly for me. I seemed to have had much less problems.

But previously I have seen the problems mentioned and will probably be able to help to sort them out.

As for the older airport cards I am not up to speed on them only the new airport extreme cards which I have had one for some time now.

It is also good to see other people with similar problems as a solution will be found it is just a matter of time.

Rob
  • Reply 6 of 7
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rob05au

Two questions

1. Is it now working?

2. What type of Airport or other similar device are you using?

Rob

1 yes

2 It's an airport card connecting to a MS wireless router.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Good to hear it is working now.

Rob 8)