Maxtor OneTouch II external 300GB

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I got myself the firewire onetouch II external disk today . Then found out Retrospect Express 6.0 that came with it won't work with Tiger 10.4, but they had a fix - 6.1.126 that I downloaded and installed. The external is formatted for Mac - extended and journaled - split into 2 partitions. What I need help with now is I want to make a 'bootable' copy of my internal disk to one of the partitions on the one touch, but the original getting started instructions for this don't work as they should since Retrospect Express 6.0 that originally came with the drive doesn't work with Tiger 10.4.x?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm running an iBook G4 with OSX 10.4.4? I could just back up my files and folders to it, but if I ever needed to boot from it, that wouldn't be an option . Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    CarbonCopyCloner.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

CarbonCopyCloner.

Thanks Gene! I started thinking about CCC last night, and it is probably the best way to go - kind of defeats the purpose of the one touch button though, doesn't it ?