Mounting/Manipulating .img files?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, I have this .img file (it's a rip of final fantasy tactics) and i was wondering if anybody knows how to make this file mount. Unfortunately disk utility does not recognize the file. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lupa

Hi, I have this .img file (it's a rip of final fantasy tactics) and i was wondering if anybody knows how to make this file mount. Unfortunately disk utility does not recognize the file. Thanks in advance.

What computer do you have? Was the .img file legally obtained?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Powerbook 15" 1.5 Ghz, downloaded off bittorent (I owned the cd but it doesn't work anymore due to the elements in my room). Thank you for replying
  • Reply 3 of 8
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

Was the .img file legally obtained?

WTF do you care? You either give the answer, or you don't.

That being said, if you have Toast, you can use it to mount the image. But don't ever again talk about stuff like this on a public forum. And never reveal what you got from where.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

WTF do you care? You either give the answer, or you don't.

Bzzzzt. Wrong. If the .img is rightfully his, I am happy to help. If the .img is pirated, I am unwilling to help.

Of course, he could lie about where it came from.

Try using the OS 9 Apple application "disk copy". You should find it in the "utilities" folder in the "applications (mac os 9)" folder. Or if you have toast, try that.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Thanks for the help, both of you. I'll make sure not to share such information again, gene, thanks for the advice.

Disk copy does not recognize the file, but I've been meaning to pick up a copy of toast anyways. If that doesn't work I'll try ebgames... thanks again.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    If you have a DVD burner, and a DVD to spare, you could also burn it onto a DVD using Disk Utility, and then mount it as a DVD.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Well, I went out to my friendly neighborhood apple store today to get some repairs done on some old computers and got a copy of toast along the way. I am happy to say that the img mounted perfectly, thank you.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    No problem. Toast is a good piece of software. Glad it worked.