Best Legal Downloading Music buy/share service for Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Can anyone suggest the best application to use to download music? One where you pay a monthly or per-song fee besides iTunes. I find that they don't have a lot of what I am looking for and I prefer paying for music sharing b/c you can find some cool stuff.

I also hate that itunes will not let me burn music I download to a disk. So it's stuck on my computer and I can't seem to make a disk for my car. Very annoying. Perhaps you can make a suggestion about that! I have all these cool children's sons on my computer (for my toddler) and can't play them in my car b/c itunes won't let me burn them!

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by craftymacgirl

Can anyone suggest the best application to use to download music? One where you pay a monthly or per-song fee besides iTunes. I find that they don't have a lot of what I am looking for and I prefer paying for music sharing b/c you can find some cool stuff.

I also hate that itunes will not let me burn music I download to a disk. So it's stuck on my computer and I can't seem to make a disk for my car. Very annoying. Perhaps you can make a suggestion about that! I have all these cool children's sons on my computer (for my toddler) and can't play them in my car b/c itunes won't let me burn them!

TIA!

Try this
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Most legal music download services other than iTunes don't even work on a Mac. Considering iTunes is the leading service by far, it's not that great of a loss.

iTunes should be able to burn music you download. Make sure that under Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning you have Audio CD checked.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Most legal music download services other than iTunes don't even work on a Mac. Considering iTunes is the leading service by far, it's not that great of a loss.

iTunes should be able to burn music you download. Make sure that under Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning you have Audio CD checked.

Anyway, the poster should [this
  • Reply 4 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    And there's always this, and who could forget this.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Ok, I get it. Don't be annoying :0)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:

Originally posted by craftymacgirl

TIA!

This is absolutely false. The first thing I do when I buy music from iTunesMusicStore is to make an audio-cd backup through iTunes.

As someone else posted, make sure that preferences->advanced->burning is set-up to do audio discs. These play in any CD player and can even be re-ripped without DRM (there will likely be a loss of quality).