Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by david_oc

Is it the end or the beginning?

Its the beginning to the end.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I hope this doesn't happen. Competition is good for creativity.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    As an animation major in college, I feel that I wouldn't mind working under an environment like this. I was going to go with either Pixar or Disney anyway. I'm even more game for this now since Eisner is gone.

Besides, Disney can't afford to hinder Pixar's brilliance; Pixar has been a big stream of income for the House of Mouse. Therefore I doubt Pixar's future films will be worse because of this. They'll be as great as they always were, if John Lassiter has anything to do with it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Hellllllloooooo mediocrity!

Can't wait for Finding Nemo IV -- Coral Reef Sluts Gone Wild and Toy Story V -- Woody's and Buzz's Big Fat Gay Hasbro Wedding

• Reply 5 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Hellllllloooooo mediocrity!

Can't wait for Finding Nemo IV -- Coral Reef Sluts Gone Wild and Toy Story V -- Woody's and Buzz's Big Fat Gay Hasbro Wedding

Actually afaik this was the possible outcome if this deal hadn´t gone through. Disney could make Nemo II, Nemo and Sidekick and Nemo - The Beginning each time time Pixar released a new movie. Yet another sign Disney had Pixar by the balls. If they wanted they could have killed Pixar with sequals to films that ha already been succesful
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Actually afaik this was the possible outcome if this deal hadn´t gone through. Disney could make Nemo II, Nemo and Sidekick and Nemo - The Beginning each time time Pixar released a new movie. Yet another sign Disney had Pixar by the balls. If they wanted they could have killed Pixar with sequals to films that ha already been succesful

I think that's pretty much right -- (IIRC) Toy Story III is already in the works.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Good news! Toy Story III has been cancled.