VMware on OS X petition started

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know a lot of folks would like to see VMware on OS X for x86. There is now a petition that we can sign:

http://www.petitiononline.com/vmwarosx/petition.html

What are your thoughts? Do you think that it is worth VMware's time to port the product to OS X?

As for me, I think this is a no-brainer. It is a win for everybody involved. Even if Apple refuses to allow OS X to run in a VM as a guest OS, the ability to run other OSes virtualized with OS X as the host would be my ideal computing environment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I think sending emails to the VMWare sales team will have a bigger impact. If they report to their managers that there is demand for the product they will definitely pursue it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I refuse to sign any petition that uses the word "herewith."
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pubguypubguy Posts: 108member
    Well, since MS isn't making any promises on VPC until 2007 !!!!, VMWare would have a BIG opportunity to blow MC out of the water for the perfered virualization engine on Mac. The ONLY issue with VMware is the price. I think there current version is $169 -- but -- if you can get near native performance, it may well be worth it. We'll see...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm pretty optimistic about the Darwine x86 release- whenever that might happen.