Mac Mini 1.5 , Available from Where?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
HI, looking to get a another mac added to my home, but i'm looking to at least get the 1.5 version. Anyone know if that is what Apple is sending out in place of the 1.42's? Or is it a crap shoot. I live in illinois and tried to get the woodfield store to tell me if they had any but they give the standard answer, that they only have to be min. of the specs on the box. if any one has a contact in that store please let me know.

thanks everyone

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Apple has been sending out both 1.42 and 1.5 GHz models that are supposed to have 1.42 GHz processors as well as both 1.25 and 1.33 GHz models that are supposed to have 1.25 GHz processors. I believe this was caused by a shortage of 1.42/1.25 GHz GHz processors, but that's pretty much speculation.

It's luck of the draw to get either the old models or the upgraded models.

Apple charges a 10% restocking fee for opened returns (and you can only return stock products - no build to order products), so if you buy a Mac mini, you'll have to pay $50 if you want to return it and try your luck a second time. Source

I imagine, since the boxes still say the older versions, the salespeople don't know what's inside the boxes either, so you can't really get help from them.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do think they know what they have, even tried to let me see one to type the serial # in on the warrenty page to see if it comes up late 2005 model. I knew about the restocking fee. If anyone here on these forums work for any of the Illinois stores let me know.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by psziel

Thanks for the quick reply. I do think they know what they have, even tried to let me see one to type the serial # in on the warrenty page to see if it comes up late 2005 model. I knew about the restocking fee. If anyone here on these forums work for any of the Illinois stores let me know.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the serial numbers. You might want to go down to the retail store and ask the guy to get a 1.5 GHz model for you then. I'm sure he won't mind.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    We just ordered and installed 35 Mac Minis for our teacher instruction lab. They all said 1.42 ghz, but they were ALL 1.5 ghz. We ordered direct from Apple.

G4 Man
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G4 Man

We just ordered and installed 35 Mac Minis for our teacher instruction lab. They all said 1.42 ghz, but they were ALL 1.5 ghz. We ordered direct from Apple.

G4 Man

Sounds like quite a lab G4 Man! I'm a G4^3 Fellow myself. I just got a 1.5 one, too, that I have been thinkinf of using as sort of an under-Cube support machine for my Cube. I do not know how well they run a 23" HD display, but my G4^3 500 runs the 22" Cinema beautifully. My footprint would not increase at all.

btw, I would be very interested to learn more about your teacher instruction lab, perhaps off this thread.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubit

Sounds like quite a lab G4 Man! I'm a G4^3 Fellow myself. I just got a 1.5 one, too, that I have been thinkinf of using as sort of an under-Cube support machine for my Cube. I do not know how well they run a 23" HD display, but my G4^3 500 runs the 22" Cinema beautifully. My footprint would not increase at all.

btw, I would be very interested to learn more about your teacher instruction lab, perhaps off this thread.

Cubit,

PM sent. Let me know if you would like to discuss it further.

G4 man