Adelphia internet broadband. Is it any good?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I"m moving into a new place and the community offers Adelphia cable and interent access.

Since i've been using BellSouth Xtreme which is basically a rip off, I looked at Adelphia's fast connection and was very impressed.

Now i know cable is shared but an Adelphia represenative assured me the connection reaches the speed advertised.

Also, I am setting up my airport express wireless around the house but forgot to ask if its compatible...

anyone have any experiences? suggestions? familiar with this service?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I have Adelphia at 4 Mb/sec. ($42/month) and it's fine. Their customer service isn't the best, but that's always the case with a monopoly or near monopoly. I'm near Leesburg, Virginia.

Wireless is fine. I have an airport extreme running right now.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    big thing is great uptime for me in KY, very few times that i even get a fall in speed just one time i can remember that i lost internet for about 12 hours. using testmy.net i get more than 3200-3500kbs. i use their modem and airport snow with my 2 macs and this dell

in my market i'd much rather have this than dsl

it works and no contract you can look into owning your own cable modem to save a few bucks.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    i'm looking to get the premier deal that runs 59 dollars a month.

the down is 6mpbs

up 768 kps

those are pretty damn good numbers.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    my big thing was i needed enough speed for a work program (downloading images) but the hospital has a 1.5 T1 line so extra speed wouldn't help. now if they got a dedicated adelphia line then i would upgrade but this is fine, good upload speed for pictures and such.

are you getting your own cable modem or renting??? bestbuy and radioshack sell them somtimes on sale for $50 or less
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

my big thing was i needed enough speed for a work program (downloading images) but the hospital has a 1.5 T1 line so extra speed wouldn't help. now if they got a dedicated adelphia line then i would upgrade but this is fine, good upload speed for pictures and such.

are you getting your own cable modem or renting??? bestbuy and radioshack sell them somtimes on sale for $50 or less

i remember the rep telling me something about that.

you rent for like 5 dollars a month right? is that included in the monthly charge?

i'll have to look into it.

oh and isn't t1 a lot faster than what adelphia offers?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    the speed is 1500kbs but absolutly stabe and same speed up and down minimal variation from what i understand and 800 a month
  • Reply 7 of 7
    800 a month? my god.

what does a basic consumer t1 run for? say if someone wants to use it for home.

they really need to drop the price of connections speeds