virtual memory

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
and way to change it and increase speed. also memory question, has any one overclocked it, and also the powerpc chip in the imac g5 isight

can it be possible to overclock imacg5 and a good program, i would like to get 2ghz from the 1.9

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

and way to change it and increase speed. also memory question, has any one overclocked it, and also the powerpc chip in the imac g5 isight

To change the VM management you would need to rewrite the Darwin layer VM manager. The existing version is pretty damn good so it is much more likely that it would be screwed up than made better.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Are you even using virtual memory? How many pageouts do you have in the System Memory tab of Activity Monitor?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    oh around 50,000 pagesout. i need more memory but got no dought, so i need a way to speed it up a little
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

oh around 50,000 pagesout. i need more memory but got no dought, so i need a way to speed it up a little

Not gonna happen, there are no user settings whatsoever. OS X doesn't need them, it's as fast as it's going to be as long as your HD isn't damn near full.